Volunteer Chore Program Client Intake
Criteria for Consideration:
- A client must be living independently (i.e. not in a care facility, Adult Family Home, etc.)
- A client must be either 60 years of age or older or have a functional disability that interferes with his/her ability to live at home.
- A client should not have income and assets that allow him/her to purchase service from a private provider. VCP is contracted to help people based on the HUD income limits, serving people who are very low income or extremely low income.
- A client should have service needs that cannot be met by family members, friends, church, or other community programs.
- The Volunteer Chore Program does not provide volunteers when that would mean duplicating services that are already available in the community. (For instance, Whatcom Transit Authority has an excellent specialized transit system.)
- Volunteer services specifically excluded are friendly visiting, companionship, respite care, reassurance calls, moving assistance, and personal care tasks, including nail care and hair washing.
- For veterans requesting transportation they must provide a copy of their DD-214 and one of the following, Proof of public assistance (i.e. TANF, Food Stamps, Medicaid, etc.), Proof of income (payroll stub, unemployment stub, etc.)
What we are assisting with currently:
- Dog walking
- Yard Care (depending on volunteer availability)
- Outdoor repairs (depending on volunteer availability)
- Grocery Shopping on behalf of clients
- Essential Medical Transportation Please read this informational page before sending a referral
What we are not assisting with currently:
- Indoor cleaning tasks
- Non-essential transportation