How can you give back to your community?
- Did you know there are over 550 homeless people in Whatcom County?
- Did you know that students who regularly meet with a mentor are 52% less likely than their peers to skip a day of school?
- Did you know Pacific salmon have disappeared from about 40% of their historical breeding ranges in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and California over the last century?
- Did you know your child is twice as likely to volunteer if you do?
Why register with the Volunteer Center?
If you are ready to volunteer, sign up on Get Connected to:
- Receive our weekly hot sheet of volunteer opportunities
- Get notices when organizations you are interested in post new volunteer opportunities
- Create a volunteer resume online where you can track your volunteer hours and miles
How to register
- Click the Sign Up link in the upper right corner
No Facebook account? No problem! Just fill in the required fields and click “CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT”
- Next, you will need to identify 3 of each of the following:
- Causes that you are passionate about
- Skills that you possess
- Agencies that interest you
Congratulations you have completed registration!
Schedule an information session
An info session is a great way to connect with us at the Volunteer Center and to get started. During this brief session, you’ll learn about our programs, our over 140 non-profit partners and how we engage volunteers to meet community needs. Plus, get your questions answered!
We’re here to help you navigate the hundreds of volunteer opportunities available and help you get connected. We’ll orient you to our online system and you will learn:
- Why it is important to the community to REGISTER
- How to become a FAN of a Non-Profit
- How to effectively SEARCH the website for opportunities that match your needs
- Download your automatic VOLUNTEER RESUME from the site
Schedule an appointment for an info session.
Call us at (360) 734-3055 or email at FrontDesk@whatcomvolunteer.org