Becoming a Partner Agency
When you become a Partner Agency, you open the doors to Volunteers discovering your agency, your mission, and your volunteer opportunities to help meet critical needs in this place we call home. The Volunteer Center is the most recognized and trusted organization in Whatcom County when it comes to volunteering.
Benefits as a Partner Agency
- Post Volunteer Opportunities, events, in-kind needs and employment opportunities (via our Galaxy Digital Get Connected online volunteer opportunity system).
- Highlight your volunteer opportunities in our Hot Sheet, a weekly email newsletter that goes out to 8,000 volunteers. This is limited to one time per month. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured.
- Have an event featured in our monthly events e-newsletter. The newsletter goes out around the 15th of each month. Contact us at email@example.com by the 10th of each month to be featured in that month’s newsletter.
- Attend a monthly volunteer coordinator’s meeting (also open to non-partners) where we discuss topics relevant to managing volunteers. Contact us for more information or to be included on our mailing list.
- Get Connected Training can be provided to you for things like setting up your agency profile and posting effective volunteer opportunities that elicit high responses
- Connect you with Group Project Requests by businesses, church groups, and civic groups
- Let us help you coordinate group volunteer projects for Make a Difference Day in October, MLK Day in January and National Volunteer Week in April
- Track Volunteer hours with our easy to use online timesheet creates less work for the Volunteer Coordinator and helps to:
- track total volunteer hours invested and attaches a dollar figure to each volunteer hour,
- is a selling point to volunteers wishing to document their volunteer contribution in hours and dollars
Your Agreement as a Partner Agency
As a partner of The Volunteer Center of Whatcom County, you agree to:
- Our Partner Terms and Conditions
- To respond to volunteer inquiries in a timely manner (within 48 hours)
- If you do not have adequate volunteer liability insurance, you must have a waiver that discloses this to volunteers.
- Practice ethical decision-making and core competencies in volunteer administration
- Have a non-discrimination policy in place
- Not replace paid workers with volunteers.
Have more questions about partnering? Call our office at 360-734-3055 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator List Registration
If you would like to be included on our volunteer coordinator’s email list, please send us a message below. You will receive monthly updates about our volunteer coordinator’s lunches and other opportunities like recruiting fairs, volunteer recognition opportunities and more!