Celebrate the random acts of kindness that make this community great!
During the week of valentines day, we celebrate our amazing volunteers for being supportive, kind and very helpful to non-profits in Whatcom County. It is our time to recognize the fabulous work of volunteers..
We host an cookies and cocoa event where volunteers can drop in for conversation and sweets as a thank you for their hard work and dedication to our community.
We also encourage people to participate in this national week of kindness and here are some ideas to bring a little sweetness to someone’s day:
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Compliment the first three people you talk to each day.
- Send a positive text message to five different people each day.
- Post inspirational sticky notes around your neighborhood, office, school, etc.
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
- Say hi to the person next to you on the elevator.
- Surprise a neighbor with freshly baked cookies or treats!
- Let someone go in front of you in line at the grocery who only has a few items
- Leave a gas gift card at a gas pump.
- Leave a note on someone’s car telling them how awesome they parked.
Here is a link to some of the sweet things you can do to make someone smile — https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/the-kindness-blog/2943-50-kindness-ideas-for-random-acts-of-kindness-day