- Both Client and Volunteer must wear masks at all times. Cloth, Surgical and N95 masks are all acceptable.
- Create as much distance in vehicle between Volunteers and Clients as possible, including having Client sit in backseat.
- Please make sure you are not using “recirculated air” button in your vehicle, so the air in the car is being refreshed.
- Please roll down windows whenever possible for fresh air.
- Keep sanitizer in vehicle, and use it often.
- It is recommended that there is no physical contact between Clients and Volunteers.
- Volunteer may not enter the facility that they are giving the client a ride to, unless absolutely necessary. This is for their own protection.
All Volunteer Drivers are to sanitize their vehicles before and after transporting a client. This includes wiping down the seats, steering wheel, door handles, seat belts and any surface you or the client might touch.
You must contact your client via phone before going to the door. Ask them the three questions below.
- Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- Have you had a positive COVID test in the last 14 days?
- In last 14 days, have you been asked to isolate or quarantine by a medical or public health official due to potential COVID infection?
- Have you had close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID in the past 14 days?
If they say yes to any of these questions, please let them know that you cannot transport them, and call the Volunteer Chore Program to notify us.
If you need sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer or masks, please let us know. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email or phone.
Phone: 360-734-5121 ext 1172