House 2 Home
Help make a difference in the lives of people who were recently homeless.
We help people who were homeless and have recently acquired housing through housing case management. Some customers move into their apartments with no furniture and are forced to eat and sleep on the floor. House 2 Home helps ensure that children have beds to sleep in and families have a dinner table to share meals together.
House 2 Home is unique because we don’t collect items at the office or store them in a warehouse – instead, when a donor makes a furniture donation, they are matched with a customer request. When a match has been made, a delivery volunteer picks up the item from the donor’s house and delivers it to the new customer’s house.
To donate furniture, contact Autumn
Phone (360) 734-5121 x173 | Email Autumnc@whatcomvolunteer.org | Fax (360) 671-0541
We are always in need of good quality furniture and household items
Guidelines for Donations: All items need to be clean and in excellent working condition. All textile/fabric items should also be free of rips, stains and tears.
- Dressers – 4 feet or shorter in length
- Bookshelves – 4 feet or shorter in length
- Twin mattress, boxspring and frame sets
- Small dining tables for up to four people – 5 feet maximum in diameter
- Small couches and sectionals – 6 feet or shorter in length
- Full/Double mattress, boxspring and frame sets
- Queen mattress, boxspring and frame sets
- End tables and nightstands
- Kitchen ware/dining ware, pots and pans, untensils
- Bedding (please label size) and bath items – washed and free of rips, stains and tears.
- Easy chairs
- Coffee tables
- Desks – 4 feet or shorter in length.
We need volunteers with trucks to help transport these items from donor to client. An hour per month would make a huge difference.
360-734-5121 ext 173
House 2 Home Network would not be possible without the help of our community partners, especially our House 2 Home Heroes: