Whatcom Volunteer Center Info Sessions
How can you give back to your community?
We need you!
- Did you know there are over 550 homeless people in Whatcom County?
- Did you know that students who regularly meet with a mentor are 52% less likely than their peers to skip a day of school?
- Did you know Pacific salmon have disappeared from about 40% of their historical breeding ranges in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and California over the last century?
- Did you know your child is twice as likely to volunteer if you do?
An info session is a great way to connect with us at the Volunteer Center and to get started. During this brief session, you’ll learn about our programs, our over 140 non-profit partners and how we engage volunteers to meet community needs. Plus, get your questions answered!
We’re here to help you navigate the hundreds of volunteer opportunities available and help you get connected. We’ll orient you to our online system and you will learn:
- Why it is important to the community to REGISTER
- How to become a FAN of a Non-Profit
- How to effectively SEARCH the website for opportunities that match your needs
- Download your automatic VOLUNTEER RESUME from the site
Schedule an appointment for an info session.
More of a Do-it-Yourselfer?
- Create a Profile and Connect with Volunteer Needs Now
Info sessions are held at our downtown office at 1419 Cornwall Avenue.